Friday, January 18, 2008

End of Week Two

OK, so here's my first post about how things are going to so far. I'll post at the end of the week from here on out; however, don't expect any really long entries.

* * *

Nutrition: Well, I weighed and stocked up my freezer with a lot of beef and pork. I also picked up the 5 1/2 dozen container of eggs. So, imagine my cart loaded with primarily meat, then a bunch of green veggies, with two huge jars of mayo. The stares I received were pretty funny. Anyway, since I've measured out and recorded the number of calories on each ziplock bag, it's pretty easy to make sure how many calories I'm taking in. This is the most focused I've been on my caloric intake since I've been on this journey, so I expect for it to pay off!

Workouts: OK, I woke up this morning and I had already told myself I wouldn't workout. I'm feeling a bit over-trained even though I didn't think that I was overdoing it. Since this is my first time doing rounds training, my muscles are pretty sore even though I'm using only my bodyweight for resistance! My KB workouts are really cool, but I'm taking it slow since I'm trying to relearn how to do the military press, swing, and clean and press that Mike Mahler and Steve Cotter explain in their latest video The Boys are Back in Town. What really stands out for me in my training is that I've been working on my hand balancing, which is kicking my ass. So, working on holding a frog stance and headstand for two minutes has been really difficult; but, you know what? My shoulders are growing and getting stronger! I had no idea that head stands would build up my traps! Hey, I really recommend Bill Hinbern's book Hand Balancing for Muscular Development. He writes the book for the absolute beginner, which is exactly where I am; however, I was able to hold a proper handstand against the wall for 30 seconds and a headstand for almost over 1 minute!! It may not sound like much, but it has taken time to even get to this point--trust me.

Overall Feelings: Besides waking up realizing that I'm on the verge of over-training, I feel really good about how everything is progressing along so far. I guess I'm more focused on the mental part of my game right now. I can tell that my physique is changing a bit and I'm getting stronger in my workouts, but I appreciate the overall mental focus, and clarity, that I have right now. I better enjoy it while I can since my school's Spring semester doesn't start up until February, and then I have to come back to the real world.

No comments:

Found something helpful today? Please consider a small donation. Thank you!

Where to now?

align="middle" align="middle"

align="middle" align="middle" align="middle"